Sunday

Prep Talk (9/26/08 Friday)

So, it's going to happen. Of course I'm excited and nervous, but I'm not psyching myself out of this. I won't dwell on the parting this evening that buried my head in my hands for the duration of the trip back, but on "Yes, I would!" I don't care that it's likely to rain tomorrow. What's to care about at this point but showing up on time? And, believe me, I'll beat her there by at least twenty minutes--time enough to change and primp in the coffe shop bathroom. It's happening!

I took out Hinckley and Stacey tonight to show my appreciation and get one last pep talk. Stacey set up my outfit, which I really was stuck on, though it was Hinckley who asked what I'd be wearing. Stacey said I had to wear what she called my "ass pants," a particular pair of jeans, and my new red shirt that was a hit last Thursday at work. (I just this moment had to jump to my closet to confirm that it was here and not in my work locker. Phew!) She also suggested I wear a brown t-shirt underneath. (I'll try to refrain from telling Julie Stacey dressed me.) So I'm feeling great about that.

I walked Hinckley home after dinner--Stacey was going to watch the debate with Chris--and he likened himself to a coach as he pumped me up. But no empty platitudes here; everything he said was heart-felt, relevant, and spot-on. Before dinner I had been dreading the end of the evening, when I would be home alone, brooding, trying not to scheme; but I'm buoyant, almost ready to go--not quite ready to scream, "Bring it on!" but maybe a good night's sleep will get me the rest of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment